Sometimes I just don't feel like making dinner.
That's because I never know what to make.
Yes, I have a million cookbooks.
I look through them every week and think, "What should I make this week?."
Before I know it, I'm at the end of the book and still have no idea what we're eating that week.
I have dedicated myself to feature a "tried and true" recipe here on my blog every Monday. It will be a dish I've made for my family and loved!
Today's recipe is Sandra Lee's "Caribbean Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili."
Sandra Lee is a Food Network star who focuses on "semi-homemade" cooking. This works great for me!
This takes 20 minutes or less to make!
1 Tbsp evoo ( a little Raechel Ray there for you)
(1) 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
1 tsp minced garlic
(1) 15 oz. can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
(1) 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onions
(1) 15 oz. can sweet potatoes
(1) 14.5 oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup mango nectar
1 packet of mild chili seasoning mix
1/2 tsp ground allspice
chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cook the turkey and garlic in the evoo in a LARGE skillet.
2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients (minus the cilantro) into the skillet. Boil. Simmer until it becomes thick.
3. Serve by garnishing with cilantro.
This is a wonderful twist on everyday regular chili. I hope you like it as much as we do at our house!