Friday, August 21, 2009

Bib Carriers

WARNING!
The following project is SUPER EASY!
I've been on "Use what you have lying around for stuff that you need!" kick. I'm sure my husband is loving it lately, since I'm not out spending $$$ at Joann's twice a week. Did I just confess to that? Actually, I've been very good for the past two months.


Here is what I needed:

I needed some kind of container to conveniently store my twins' many necessary bibs without me having to run around and waste my time getting them ready for their feedings. Plus, I wanted something that didn't take up too much space.


Here was my solution:

I made carriers that tie on to the back of the chairs that house their Space Saver Highchairs! I must tell you though... they're more practical than "cute." I'm sure somebody out there will improve the look of this very quickly. Maybe something with yo-yo's? I thought about it, but then I thought about how no one else is going to be looking at it everyday but me and my husband!


Here is what I used for each "bib carrier":

2 pieces of fabric at 20" x 20"

matching thread

sewing machine

2 strands of ribbon 1/2" ribbon at 30" each


Here is how I made them:

First, I measured the backs of my chairs. They measured at 18" x 18." I'm sure yours will be different. I cut my two pieces of fabric (20" x 20") and made "pillow cases."




I sewed about an inch seam on all sides and then made them like "pillow cases."



Then, I cut two strands of ribbon at 30" each, folded each one in half, and sewed each one at about 3" inches from the seams. I only sewed the ribbons to one side of the bags.



Finally, I tied the bib carriers to the backs of the chairs.
Ta da!
A practical, out of the way, convenient container for my twins' many necessary bibs! Of course, the blue is for my boy, "The Cuddler" and the pink is for my girl, "The Lamb."
Here's what you can do when your baby grows out of bibs:
*Stuff it and make a cute pillow for them.
*Attach another pair of ribbons on the other side and make a cute bag.
*Make a pillow case dress!
I hope you have fun making it!






my signature

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great idea! I also am trying to use what I have. I've stocked up for so many projects that I want to do, but then I don't get to them right away.... I'm really trying to finish everything I already have the materials for before started anything else (unless an actual need comes up like a birthday party gift, etc. I'm sure you know what I mean.)

Anyway, love the bib holder! Great job!

Melissa said...

Great idea!