Monday, September 21, 2009

Make Dinner Mondays #4: Filipino Albondigas

I grew up eating this, and it's what's "homestyle" to me!
This is a delicious soup that my mom makes once a week, and I love it!
I finally learned how to make it!


Filipino Albondigas Soup


Ingredients
1 pound ground pork
1 cup fresh spinach
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
a handful of Miswa noodles (oriental market)
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
10 cups water
1 egg
1 Tablespoon fish sauce (oriental market)


Directions
Boil the water in a large pot and let it simmer. Make the meatballs by mixing the flour, salt, raw egg, and ground pork in a large bowl using your hands. Each meatball should be no bigger than a golf ball. Put the meatballs in the water and boil for 45 minutes. Add the fish sauce, onion, garlic, spinach, and Miswa noodles and boil for 20 minutes.

My family and I eat this with white rice.


Enjoy!
my signature

No comments: