Monday, September 14, 2009

Make Dinner Mondays #3: Yummy Carrot Cake


Isn't it time for a little dessert?
The best carrot cake my husband and I ever ate (believe it or not) was at... Sea World!
It was just at one of their outdoor eateries and not anywhere fancy in their park. I remember it being super moist, had pineapple chunks, and the frosting was incredible!
I researched various recipes, and I came across one that I liked.
I've changed it up some and has evolved into something so delicious!

Yummy Carrot Cake

Ingredients for the cake
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup shredded coconut
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup golden raisins
3/4 cup chopped pecans
2 1/2 cups grated carrots
1 1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Ingredients for the frosting
2 cups powder sugar
16 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons real vanilla
2 sticks of butter
Directions
Combine sugar, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. To make the cake smoother, sift the flours, baking powder, and cinnamon into the bowl. Beat altogether well. Add the vanilla and carrots into the mixture. Fold in the raisins, pineapple, nuts, and coconut. In two greased and floured 8" round cake pans, pour the batter and bake at 325 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Once the cakes are done, cool them and remove them from the pans. Frost using the cream cheese frosting recipe.


Enjoy!

my signature

1 comment:

LacyHolly said...

ohhhh!!! I have been wanting carrot cake for the longest time now! That looks SO GOOD!!!