Monday, July 20, 2009

The Coupon Bug!!!

Let me first apologize for not having pictures!


I love to post my pictures, but I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of all the goodies I was able to get at such great prices before I had already put them away!


My husband suggested that I look into this "coupon thing" he overheard some ladies talking about while at a church meeting. I've heard of it before, but I really didn't know much about it. I actually dreaded visualizing myself with hours of clipping coupons I probably wouldn't even use.


I thought about it some more, did some research, and spoke with a friend who has been doing it for a while. She pointed me in the right direction by giving me names of websites and blogs she frequents. I got so excited that I started making my list!


The Low-Down!

You don't need to clip coupons from morning until night!

You only clip the ones you need!

Go to pinchingyourpennies.com and look at the state forums.

These people rate the savings and tell you if there are matching coupons (for even bigger savings).


I'm hooked!


I went to Albertsons last Thursday and got these deals!

3 Frosted Mini Wheats 24 oz. & 2 Frosted Flakes 23 oz. for $1.88 each

1 Johnson's Baby Wash 15 oz. for FREE ($5 coupon)


I also went to CVS Pharmacy on the same day and got this deal!

4 Colgate Total Toothpastes (Buy one, get one free!)


I went to Wal-Mart and got this deal!

1 large Johnson's Shower to Shower Powder for FREE($5 coupon)


The Johnson's coupons were sent to me after I wrote the Johnson and Johnson company for any free products they could give to a mom of multiples (twins).

Don't be afraid to write those baby products companies when you have a baby or two or three or MORE! They'll most likely give you tons of coupons!
It also "pays" to have the annoying "frequent shopper/saver" cards stores have. You get even better deals!


Good luck to you and happy savings! I'm off to make a new shopping list!

No comments: